Saturday, April 3, 2010

Last Days

                                                                    Olafur Eliasson, Beauty, 1993

It's your last week to catch Olafur Eliasson at the mca. The work above was my absolute favourite...and the title says it all really. I am certainly obsessed with beauty within art - what can I say - I think that beautiful things/people/images captivate, and thus draw people in for a closer look.  

Fiona Hall is the master of this. She draws you in with her incredibly beautiful images, and you cross the room to examine them more closely, only to discover there's often more than meets the eye. Which I discovered when I took my niece and nephew to see her exhibition a couple of years ago at the mca, and they saw quite a few vulva and penis representations. Hmmm, bad auntie!

No comments:

Post a Comment